famed trash

Friday, May 13, 2005

Privacy Policy

I see you're the paranoid kind, always wondering if someone's watching, huh? Well, that can only mean one thing - you're either an agent or it's time to lay off the blow.

Cookies
I don't use cookies on this site as far as I can tell; however, it appears that some of our partners do use cookies on our site. I have no access to or control over these cookies, nor would I know what to do with them if we did. Hence, this privacy policy covers the total lack of cookies by me only and does not cover the use of cookies by any partners or advertisers.

Advertisers
If by some miracle this site is deemed worthy enough to sell out and serve ads, info about your visits to this site, such as the number of times you viewed an ad, will be put in the cookie jar and help our advertisers dish up their ads to you more effectively. Yeah, very cool stuff indeed.

Log Files
I try my best to fit in and be more like the other more worthy and respected news sites out there. How do I do this, you ask? I pick my nose and scan my log files. Unfortunately, I still haven't quite figured out how to make sense of all this gibberish. Let me know if any of these things ring a bell: IP addresses, ISP, browser type, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, visit length, visitor path.

Disclaimer
Though I make every effort to preserve your privacy, I may need to hand over our log files and squeal like a snitch when required by law. I never said I was tough.

Links
Being a nerd and all, I had to link to my favorite sites out there. You should know that I have no idea what the other guys are doing with your info once you stumble across their site. It might be a good idea to scan their privacy policies as well. I'm just saying.

Notification of Changes
You should periodically check this page for changes, because, let's face it; I have no clue what I'm doing. As you've probably already guessed, I will post those changes to this privacy policy and then call it a day by streaking down Hollywood Boulevard.

Contact
If you're one of those obnoxious geeks who likes to nitpick anything and everything, I have two words for you: email me.